Danny Mills (Sub)
1 (3.4%)
Duane Ofori-Acheampong (Sub)
1 (3.4%)
Lee Noble (Sub)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Voting closed: February 06, 2018, 05:14:24 PM

Author Topic: St Albans City VS Dartford FC 3rd February 2018 15.00 Kick Off  (Read 6194 times)

El Kebabus of Arabia

• Pure DFC Elite Club
  • Conference Regional
    • View Profile
Re: St Albans City VS Dartford FC 3rd February 2018 15.00 Kick Off
« Reply #105 on: February 05, 2018, 11:33:46 AM »
As I said one of the worst results!
Disgraceful day on and off the field, it's times like this that I feel for the punters who traveled - deserve their petrol money back.

Ozymandias

• Pure DFC Elite Club
  • Premier League
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 05, 2018, 12:04:34 PM »
Seeing the highlights, when you make a horror pass, as was made twenty yards out for the fourth, Well!, you may as well give up. Oh, we had.
Posts like 'Managers do a job on us' are frequently used. Well, guess what? Along comes Rod with his Chelmsford Capri.
Time to get their fingers out.
Also, when Merson got the second, surely Deren should be taking that ball out of the air? Two yards out?? I'm no keeper, but. This is no disrespect to Deren, he's had plenty of practice with Gibraltar, but he'd spilled a couple before the goals started piling up.
Tony needs a response on Saturday, desperately. Going to be even tougher than the debacle that was Saturdays game.

Dartford Knight

• Pure DFC Elite Club
  • Conference Premier
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 05, 2018, 05:39:58 PM »
Is it time for Noble to start in midfield with Collier ? Bradders has struggled recently.
We need to control midfield and stop giving the ball away , or do we go back to one up front with noble bradders and collier ?

Last time we got promoted we played with 5 in the middle most of the time with Sheringham up front on his own for alot of the time home and away ?

Thoughts ?

Silverado

• Premier League
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 05, 2018, 06:34:36 PM »
I can see where you're coming from, and am somewhat inclined to agree. I have two major reservations about Nobes coming in for Bradders, though: (1) Bradders is more likely to score goals; and (2) Nobes is more likely to get sent off. But playing Elliot, Nobes and Collier could well provide a stronger middle. I think it's difficult to comtemplate playing only one of Pavey and Pugh up front, so the other alternative would seem to be stand down either Ryno or Murphy (Ryno as impact sub?), leaving Danny H and/or Mark O to play as out-and-out wing-backs. Who'd be a manager, eh?

T.REX

• Conference Premier
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 05, 2018, 07:08:32 PM »
Is it time for Noble to start in midfield with Collier ? Bradders has struggled recently.
We need to control midfield and stop giving the ball away , or do we go back to one up front with noble bradders and collier ?

Last time we got promoted we played with 5 in the middle most of the time with Sheringham up front on his own for alot of the time home and away ?

Thoughts ?
   I think an extra midfielder will come in, both our wide players have given a good account of themselves, but it does give the opposition plenty of room to knock the ball around.  We shall to wait and see, I wonder if Danny H. will be fit for Saturday.
One thing about our last promotion Charlie did indeed start  us off a pace, but he soon left for Bournemouth & Jacob Erskine came in and helped see us through with a steady long run home . Jacob was one of our unsung heroes, not as pretty on the eye as some but he did a good job for us and didn't seem to be as appreciated as much as I think he deserved.

PeteSamson

• Pure DFC Elite Club
  • Conference Regional
  • The Bishop of Tranmere
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 05, 2018, 09:15:16 PM »
There have been so many unexpected results in several leagues this season involving leading teams. The Fylde v Macclesfield game has already been mentioned and have people overlooked the Chelsea v Bournemouth 0-3 defeat only last week.
These sort of results are part and parcel of football which help make it the game it is. One has to give credit to the opposition sometimes and for me, St Albans have been a team to look at as  serious opposition ever since Allison took over as manager.
As regards Vint and Sho Silver, was it not the case that Sho Silver was not regularly available once his uni course started, and wasn't Vint injured earlier in the season. It is difficult to appreciate that he is still so young but already has 100 games to his credit and is a credit to our development scheme.
It's just a pity we get a result like that at a time when crowds have been increasing.
I am still thankful for what we have got, especially given the news in the past couple of weeks of the financial difficulties at Hartlepool, Macclesfield (again!) and Chester (again) threatening the future of all 3 clubs.
Let us hope for a rebound on Saturday against another another BOGEY side!

COYD

The 5th Searcher

• Pure DFC Elite Club
  • Conference Premier
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 06, 2018, 12:03:22 AM »
What has vint done wrong Silva makes mistakes like everyone only human vint the same mistakes happen so we lost to a better team yesterday was it the defence that lost us the game no I don't think so  same defence played against Havent and held out no moans then was there

When the defence make 3 bad mistakes which cost us 3 goals then yes they are to blame.
Goals 1 & 2 came from completely free headers for Merson & if you watch the video footage again Vint is clearly seen passing the ball straight to their player from our free kick to which goal No 4 came.
I'm sorry but the defence are at fault all day long for that loss, it's just a shame nobody else could be arsed to put in a performance either apart from Pugh.

Dartford till i die

« Reply #112 on: February 06, 2018, 07:11:56 AM »
And once again people on the forum choose to mention the same names. The problem is deeper. Yes we are top. And goodness only knows how much I would love to be there at the end of April. But i do believe that there are a number of tactical issues in front of our own eyes before we start mentioning certain players names and definitely not picking up on possible errors by those players that week in week out are in fact keeping us at the summit by their performances.

Dartford till i die

« Reply #113 on: February 06, 2018, 07:36:14 AM »
As an extra to my last post. Has anyone ever thought why Chelmsford and more importantly Rod Stringer has the Indian sign over us. Surely its because he knows whats coming. Chelmsford are built around big strong players who can soak up our style. Therefore before hindsight kicks in after the game I want to go online and mention prior to the game just how much we will have to almost certainly rely on the likes of Ronnie, Tom, Derren and alike to get the result we so desire. You have to be a damn good back 5 to be able to defend for 90 minutes as a back 5. We need to defend from the front back. And more importantly the midfield engine will have to both defend and create much much more than we have for many months without having to rely on Ryan and then hey ho next sunday onwards get on his case if he doesnt perform. However we all want this title so much . We all do know the ability that every player in this great squad of players are capable of so yes from this game on every player and every fan will have to give it all to pull clear and avoid the risk of the play offs where obviously one bad performance will cost us.

The Duke

• Pure DFC Elite Club
  • Premier League
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 06, 2018, 11:10:26 AM »
It has long been a " feature " of TBs tactics to hit long 50 yard balls into channels [ bypassing midfield] and Ibriham , Bonner and Vint have become accustomed to this , the big difference in last past 6 weeks is that a very high  percentage are falling to the Oppo's who are then putting us immediately back under pressure and whilst superb defending seen v Havant happened it cannot happen every week hence leaking of goals !!!
Its obvious I know but when we have the ball the other team are NOT dangerous but simply we are giving it away far too often and will continue to be under pressure against good team until we learn the lesson

m1 south

• Pure DFC Elite Club
  • Football League One
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 06, 2018, 12:56:09 PM »
It's no good saying we just hoof the ball 50 yards into channels, the midfield have to show & want the ball, then the attackers have to want it from them!! But let's not forget we are in division 6 of the pyramid, very few teams (if any) play it through the park outside of the top half of the prem believe me!!
Clearly something is lacking in our away performances of late though, which seriously needs to be addressed??

The Duke

• Pure DFC Elite Club
  • Premier League
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 06, 2018, 01:59:37 PM »
I do agree that we have NOT had a ball holding midfield general since Jamie Day , young Woodyard looked the part but didnt fit in with TBs plans BUT recently Braintree , Havant and St Albans played some  neat approach [ midfield ] football against us so it can be done . I am anti the tippy /tappy stuff in our own penalty area but a quick 10/15 metre pass to a creative midfield player is a necessity !!!!!!!!!

TBs methods have been successful so I guess it will NOT change in his tenure but to the neutral [ and I have taken several over the years ] we are NOT seen as a class footballing side !!

Ozymandias

• Pure DFC Elite Club
  • Premier League
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 06, 2018, 02:54:40 PM »
I believe Chelmsford have Simon Church back after a very bad injury. Coinciding with a couple of much needed wins.  Didn't think he was going to be seen at all this season.
It's going to get a little wet heading toward this weekend. For once I am not looking forward to a game even though I'm going. I don't think it has anything to do with Stringer, Chelmo always want to get one over on us.

kentc

• Football League Two
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 06, 2018, 08:15:44 PM »
While I havenít read every single post on this game Iíve read most. Itís incomprehensible how the manager has yet again escaped responsibility for this performance that has been coming. Itís also an indictment of this forum that he is not questioned for his inability to.....

change and manage a game

A history of  playing his personal favourites above better options and will fit them in (Harris at right back was awful again)

Not having a single clue tactically how to get the best of his players, Alfie isolated with aimless hoofballs up to him that barely reached him at times and when he did win them no one in a million miles to get the second ball. Poor pughie getting pulled back to defend so barely linked up, but thought his effort and quality was mom for us.

People keep saying managers do a job on us, no itís not, itís managers who know how to set up and manage a team on the pitch, making tactical changes through personnel or style of play.

St Albans was an embarrassment for TB as his opposite number didnít get 1 over him, he showed his management ability on the pitch and tactically destroyed us.
Remember the scoreline flattered us.

As ever on here with his mates and with his mates at the club he is immune from taking responsibility for his teams god awful display.
Amazes me when we win itís well done TB and when we lose itís the players and never him.

Clueless, neahtive but heavily protected with nothing to answer for thanks to his little love in on here and at the club.

ďRun by fans for the fansĒ not a chance. ďRun by friends for friendsĒ the TB love in and can do no wrong continues and the failings ignored and hidden.

There are hundreds of fans who donít come on here who donít understand how he gets away without being  challenged and never under pressure to take responsibility.
Make no mistake how appalling and abysmal this performance. The difference between us and them was the manager, we have better players than them but TB doesnít have a clue how to to get the best from them. Just defend,  defend and defend with hoofball tripe thrown in.

M1, I do disagree with you with the hoofball comment though you make a fair point on other players.
While I completely disagree on this occasion I love your posts normally and read with interest as your son is a class above imo.

Spike

• Pure DFC Elite Club
  • Football League Two
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 06, 2018, 08:43:54 PM »

On the plus side, despite being "tactically destroyed" by all these brilliant opposition managers, none of them have accumulated more points than we have.  :o

« Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 09:10:46 PM by Spike »