Danny Mills
2 (4.8%)
Lee Noble
3 (7.1%)
Alfie Pavey (Sub)
1 (2.4%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Voting closed: February 13, 2018, 06:56:58 PM

Author Topic: Chelmsford at Home 10th February  (Read 5300 times)

kentc

• Conference Premier
    • View Profile
Re: Chelmsford at Home 10th February
« Reply #135 on: February 11, 2018, 06:38:20 PM »
Unbelievable as in never a pen.
Not unbelievable that it’s given and the referee made a howler on a key decision and guessed.
That’s the level of refs in the main in this league.

FrankDart

• Kent League
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 11, 2018, 07:16:48 PM »
Pen is an utter disgrace.

Dartford till i die

• Kent County League
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 11, 2018, 07:21:01 PM »
The more times i watch it the worse it gets. He cant wait to give it. You have to wonder why ?

darren

• Pure DFC Elite Club
  • Isthmian Premier
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 11, 2018, 08:13:54 PM »
Absolutely shocking that was a penalty. Just showed my £bbsfl££t supporting workmates and they couldn’t believe it was given either.

On a positive note, I’ve just had a look at the remaining fixtures for us and those below down to Truro. Out of the remaining games we only have to face 3 teams currently in the playoffs - Truro, Hemel & Hampton all at home. The others have to play 4 or 5 teams currently in the playoffs with a mixture of home & away games. They will be taking points off each other so still not all doom & gloom.

We’ve got to put the last 2 games behind us, re focus and move on together. Starting on Saturday at Wealdstone. COYD’s

Groomy

• Pure DFC Elite Club
  • Football League One
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 11, 2018, 08:35:25 PM »
Just caught up on all that. Interesting reading for sure.

And how's this for controversial.
I thought TB should have made two further changes yesterday for fresh legs. Go figure.

Could have been so different if Vints shot had gone under the bar rather then coming back out. Wasn't to be.

Oh and that shocking penalty decision.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

Chelmofan

• Kent County League
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: February 11, 2018, 11:07:05 PM »
Absolutely shocking that was a penalty. Just showed my £bbsfl££t supporting workmates and they couldn’t believe it was given either.

On a positive note, I’ve just had a look at the remaining fixtures for us and those below down to Truro. Out of the remaining games we only have to face 3 teams currently in the playoffs - Truro, Hemel & Hampton all at home. The others have to play 4 or 5 teams currently in the playoffs with a mixture of home & away games. They will be taking points off each other so still not all doom & gloom.

We’ve got to put the last 2 games behind us, re focus and move on together. Starting on Saturday at Wealdstone. COYD’s

We've only got Hemel (H, without their first choice keeper), Truro (A) and Havant (H) left out of the top teams. The rest are against mainly the bottom sides.

Gilesy14

• Pure DFC Elite Club
  • Conference Premier
  • Dartmac watching the game from a good place
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 12, 2018, 07:09:54 AM »

We've only got Hemel (H, without their first choice keeper), Truro (A) and Havant (H) left out of the top teams. The rest are against mainly the bottom sides.

Like us you are too inconsistent to win the league, so celebrate like you won it as you ain’t and we will take this on the nose and move on!

m1 south

• Pure DFC Elite Club
  • Football League Two
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 12, 2018, 09:23:52 AM »
Here here Gilesy!!

CharltonDart

• Kent County League
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 12, 2018, 12:00:25 PM »
Player falls over, no one within touching distance, penalty given. SpecSavers are pretty cute with their TV commercials, if they see a clip of this, they have their next add in the making.
Actually thought that the ref had a decent game up to that point, considering the rivalry and the surface, so whether he lost a contact lens or two at that precise moment, that is the only reasoning i can possibly think of.

terry

• Pure DFC Elite Club
  • Conference Premier
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 12, 2018, 12:18:37 PM »
when i logged on here this morning i thought blimey 10 pages on a match thread whats gone on
not been that many pages for a while.
ive been out the football scene for a while,hoping to get back in a few matches before i go to the bognor match
but hey onwards and upwards and lets hope we have a good run till the end of the season
as for the penalty WHY??????

Ozymandias

• Pure DFC Elite Club
  • Football Championship
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: February 13, 2018, 09:26:24 AM »
terry, we were all saying 'lets hope we have a good run until the end of the season' three matches ago.
Confidence low, and two dodgy referee's in the last two home games??
Team needs a boost, and a win at Wealdstone is now vital. Let's hope we can pull something off Saturday, but.....
The side need a good shaking, truths to be said and a few players need to get their act together. If not we are definitely going to be also ran's.
Hence 10 pages.

T.REX

• Conference Premier
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: February 13, 2018, 11:25:04 AM »
I was just about over my disappointment on Saturday evening when my good lady uttered the words that a die-hard fan does not wish to hear from a non football fan, 'never mind perhaps they will win next time.'   Got over that then I saw the penalty on video, back to gloom.  But hey ho that happens in football,  it is just over 10 years ago when we  gained the unofficial record of being awarded a goal with the ball being furthest from the goal line ever against AFC Sudbury, and that was a very important top of the table clash.   Maybe the ref was too quick to blow on Saturday, from his angle he must have thought there was something amiss, had he just waited a couple of seconds the desultory Chelmsford appeals and the complete lack of concern from the Dartford defence may have made him reconsider.   
If every team had played 30 games and those with matches in hand won theirs we would be 3rd a point behind Hampton & 6 behind H &  W , & we would be 5 points ahead of 8th place.   Besides playing ourselves Hampton still have to play H & W it will be an interesting end to the season.

m1 south

• Pure DFC Elite Club
  • Football League Two
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: February 13, 2018, 12:26:59 PM »
Have Hampton still got that little annoying no 3 left back??  Always whinging to the Referee or Lino, he doesn't stop !!

Ring of Fire

• Pure DFC Elite Club
  • Isthmian Premier
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: February 13, 2018, 09:57:32 PM »
'Seems the Great Depression's turned into a Great Anger at that V.A.R (Very Amazing Referee). Other Great Disappointment's why we didn't have a far post man, for that Killer Corner!