Dartford v Forest Green Rovers


Dartford have the chance to avenge their F.A Cup defeat to Port Vale if they can overcome Forest Green Rovers on Tuesday night.

A well earned draw at the New Lawn ensured the Darts were in the draw for the F.A Cup first round for the second time in three years.

Dartford will have to face Forest Green Rovers in a replay before meeting them in the Conference Premier in a fortnight.

James Norwood became the first player to score in a fixture between the two sides with an excellent strike after 12 minutes. In the second half, Ryan Hayes capitalised on a poor clearance to set up Jacob Erskine who scored his third of the season.

Louis Wells returned for the Darts after his two month injury lay-off and made a fine save from Norwood’s header. Lee Noble almost won the cup tie in the final minutes when his low effort went wide of the goal. Yet again the Darts put in a committed display and will hope home advantage will give them the edge in the replay.

Tom Champion and Elliot Bradbrook returned to action after missing the 0-0 draw at Barrow last week. Bradbrook took the captains armband back from Mark Arber and completed a full 90 minutes. Champion started from the bench and replaced Jon Wallis with almost half hour to play. Adam Green was included in the squad for the second game running as a substitute.

Dartford’s last F.A Cup run to the fist round consisted of three replays over four rounds. After defeating Lowestoft Town at the first attempt the Darts beat Canvey Island 9-8 in a nerve racking penalty shoot out and took two attempts to see off Leiston. The Darts were so close to causing a shock result in the first round when they drew 1-1 at home to League Two side Port Vale before being overpowered in the replay 4-0.

The winner of Tuesday nights fourth qualifying round replay will face Port Vale.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.