Dartford v FC Halifax Town


A place in the F.A Trophy last four is up for grabs on Wednesday when Dartford take on Conference North side FC Halifax Town.

The Darts salvaged a second attempt at making it through to the semi final last week after falling a goal behind. Both sides battled for ninety minutes with the Shaymen reduced to ten men early on. Chris Worsley was dismissed for his tackle on defender Mark Arber leaving the home side at a disadvantage.

FC Halifax Town took the lead when Lee Gregory shocked the Darts with his tenth goal of the season. Tony Burman made two changes in the second half which paid off. Danny Harris may have missed a decent chance to equalise but he pounced from three yards out netting a leveller. The stalemate could not be broken in the later stages and so the sides try again on Wednesday.

The winners will go on to face top of the table Grimsby Town over two legs with the first fixture on 16 February 2013 at Blundell Park, the return leg will take place a week later.

Preparations didn’t exactly go to plan on Saturday as Dartford went down to a heavy defeat at Mill Field. Against an in form Mansfield Town, the Darts conceded an early goal by Adam Murray. With a one goal deficit to overcome in the second half Dartford fell further behind before the hour. Anthony Howell, Luke Jones, Matthew Green and Lee Stevenson all scored for the Stags leaving Tony Burman’s side beaten.

Meanwhile, the Shaymen travelled to Corby Town and recorded an excellent 5-1 victory. Shaun Kelly opened proceedings five minutes into the match and by the half way point of the first half FC Halifax Town were 3-0 up. Gregory scored a brace before Tom McGowan pulled a goal back for the hosts, on the stroke of half time Gareth Seddon made it 4-1. Gregory completed his hat trick just after the hour to complete a resounding win.

In a week of cup action, the Quarter Final replay will be played a day after Princes Park hosts its first ever international between England C and Turkey B. The Three Lions hope to progress into the International Challenge Trophy final under the guidance of Paul Fairclough.

Dartford’s Co-Chairman Bill Archer told “We are delighted to be hosting this fantastic fixture and I know that everyone at Princes Park will pull out all the stops to make it an evening to remember”, he added: “We have a modern, family friendly set-up here at Princes Park which makes it an ideal showcase for big games and we are thrilled to be hosting our first international”.

Team News

Dartford’s much changed starting line up on Saturday excluded winger Ryan Hayes and full back Richard Rose. Captain Elliot Bradbrook is still recovering from injury, loanee Dominic Green started on the bench and new loan signing Jack Evans made his début. Adam Green made his first league start for Dartford since 25 August 2012.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.